Friday, February 11, 2005

My life

Well from my previous posts you can see where a man might be headed in the wrong path if he followed his elders. My parents were divorced when i was young, about 4. I watched my father date several different women as i grew up, he would have a girlfriend for a few weeks to a few months. Then there would be a new one, i guess my mother dated alot to, i lived with her but did not notice this as i spent all my weekends with my fathers parents.

Now my grandfather was not as much of a rounder when i was a kid, he did like to have a drink from time to time but i never knew about any ladies that he dated while i was around. He treated my grandmother ok, i guess.

The funny think was that he always had a bottle of something to drink under the sink when i was growing up, my grandmother would have me dump it down the sink ( i guess he would have kicked her ass, but never said a word to me) so i just did what she told me. He was my buddy took me fishing alot and took me to work with him on the weekends. He never had a real job, 9 to 5. He worked for a t.v. repairman doing deliveries. When i was big enough he would let me help him pickup the t.v.'s.
Now you old folks like me will remember that a t.v. had tubes back then and were really kind of heavy. You youngsters probably have no idea what i am talking about.

I have 2 siblings, both sisters. My mom remarried a few times while i was a kid and we moved to a small town when i was in jr high. A whole new world to me, the country.
I would have to say that it was a good thing for us kids, we did not drink or smoke, do drugs or get into have as much trouble as we would have if we had stayed in the big city.
Well that is enough for today, be back on tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home